LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Im getting rid from controls and local variables?

Hello,
In my project im using a lot of controls, beacuse i need to use local variables (i dont want to fill my diagrams with lot of wires).
Is there any way not to use some kind of local variables without creating controls?

Tnx,
HaD
Message 1 of 21
(4,220 Views)
Hi HaD,

the usual way to get rid of local variables is to use wires.
Creating controls just to have some local variables is common when you want to translate a text based program to LabView. Once you understand are familiar with the dataflow you can/should replace the locals with wires.

Locals are useful to write values to controls or to read values from indicators - that's the reason for their existance.
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 21
(4,210 Views)
Im looking after a way to store variables in memory without using controls.

Message Edited by HaD on 08-08-2007 06:31 AM

Message 3 of 21
(4,197 Views)
You could use globals instead. That way the inicators/controls are on a separate panel.

If you do not want lots of wires, you could bundle your data and just unbundle when you need a particular control's value. Or, if the data is of the same type, use arrays.

ssk
Message 4 of 21
(4,192 Views)
Hi HaD,

"to store variables in memory without using controls" in LabView is done by wires Smiley Wink
Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(4,188 Views)
if ull look at my question ull c that i know that wire do that job. but i want a way to do it without wires..
i want to do it as same as i can create array (i can create array in front panel, or in block diagram). so i want a way to create local variable from block diagram only.

Message Edited by HaD on 08-08-2007 07:03 AM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(4,184 Views)
Hi HaD,

as said before: there is no way to create a blockdiagram-only local.
And wires are to most efficient way to store data! And this answers your question very well/precise Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by GerdW on 08-08-2007 02:08 PM

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(4,177 Views)
GerdW's comments were 'tongue in cheek'!

I am not sure why you want to avoid using wires, that is what LabVIEW is about and it is the core process for data transfer.

The key to great LabVIEW programming is keeping the diagram clear and readable even when you have huge amounts of data to deal with. This is done by planning your application and using all of the tools available to you (subvis, clusters, arrays) etc.

Good luck (or maybe post the code for people to comment on ways of presenting the diagram).

ssk
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(4,174 Views)
You know that its not possible, or you just guessing...?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(4,171 Views)
I have been using LV for 10+ years and have always had to use wires! It would be like writing C code with no text!!

ssk
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(4,168 Views)