LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Use the Help Tag/Help Path in LabVIEW to Link to a Specific tag in an HTML File?

Is there any way to point user to a tag in an HTML file when he click "Click here for more help" ?

Message Edited by zou on 03-08-2007 02:38 PM

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,193 Views)

Hi,

Yes you can. In VI properties --> documentation you can browse for your help file.

Message 2 of 6
(4,170 Views)
Be aware that LV uses the keyword to find the topic and not the topic file name. You must enter something like "Function, MyVI" which you will also see in the Index tab of the HTML Help viewer and not the file name which may be MyVI.htm.
Waldemar

Using 7.1.1, 8.5.1, 8.6.1, 2009 on XP and RT
Don't forget to give Kudos to good answers and/or questions
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,169 Views)
Thanks for reply guys.

KC,
It's easy to point to an HTML file.  What I want is point to a tag inside an HTML file.  For example: MyVI.htm#tag123

Waldemar,
I don't have CHM file.

I think LabVIEW doesn't support this feature.

George Zou

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,158 Views)
George,

I believe you are correct in saying that there is no way to link directly to a specific anchor tag within an html file from the context help.

I would encourage you to visit our Product Suggestion Center if this is a feature you would like to recommend that our R&D team consider for future versions of LabVIEW.

Is it possible for you to create a .chm file?  Or perhaps you could have some kind of "table of contents" at the top of your .html help file.  This would require an extra click by the user but may be an option for you.

Regards,

Simon H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support/
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,152 Views)
Thanks for reply Simon.

It's not my HTML file, it's client's file.  I don't want to change it.
And I am not paid to create .chm file. 😉

George

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,147 Views)