LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hitting "Return" inside a string control don't move down the text selection indicator

Hi all.

I'm trying to develop a simple text editor for our application. I have encountered a strange behaviour of the selection cursor inside the string control that i use for visualization and modification of the code. If i hit the "Return" key, while inside the string control, the cursor don't jump down by one line but simply move right of one position. The strange is that the effective cursor placement i right where it must stay, and if i begin to write text this one is exactly where i need it to be. Here some pictures.

Before hitting the return key:

1.jpg

After hitting the return key:

2.jpg

After typing some text:

3.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,729 Views)

FM82,

Does this happen when you are running your program or when you are in edit mode?  If this is happening when you are running your application it would be helpful for us if you attached it so we could look at your code.

To me the "After Typing" picture just looks like standard text wrapping but it would be helpful to have your VI to re-create this behavior.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,704 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

So: it happens both at runtime and in edit mode, doesn't tried to build an application. Wrapping is disabled.

Francesco

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,654 Views)

Hi FM82,

which version of LV are you using?

Did you try to add a new string control (maybe it's better to try it in a new VI) and verify if the behaviour is the same?

Let me know!

Have a nice day.

FBM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,640 Views)

Hi FatBoyMonchi,

2012, same behaviour on a new string control.

Francesco

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,634 Views)

Ok, i have some new informations. It happens only if i read text from a file and than display it to the string control. If i type some text in an empty string control and press the return button all work like i need it to do.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,617 Views)