From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide the source code

Currently I'm working in some VIs and I want to remove their block diagram and their front panel. All I need is a subvi that executes a function (e.g.: sum two numbers) and then returns the result.

My VIs are password protected, but a password is not the best way to hide the block diagram. I was considering the idea to build a Shared Library (DLL) in Labview, and then use this shared library to run the functions I need. And here comes my problem.

I tried to build a simple DLL containing just one VI to perform a sum. And I tried to access this function in another Subvi. But I can't get any result. Sometimes when I run the VI, Labview closes.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,434 Views)

Hi Liermann,

You can use Save with Options -> Remove Diagrams. This removes the block diagram from your vi's. Make sure you save the original vi in another location as a backup in case you want to do further work on it.

Hope this helps.

Message Edited by DavidT on 07-13-2005 11:59 AM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,427 Views)

If you want to remove the block diagram and the front panel you have one other option. Build the VIs into an executable, but with a couple twists. First change the name of the executable you're building to have an extension of llb instead of exe. Second, add the VIs as dynamic VIs not top-level. Third, on the VI Settings tab change the settings for each VI to remove the front panel.

When you build this you'll get an llb with VIs in it that you can call and link to as you would any other VI, but there's no front panel or block diagram. OK, trade-off: When you remove the front panel you also lose the Icon image. Hence, you can place these VIs on a block diagram but they will all look the same. The only way to distinguish them is to show the label so you can see their name.

This will work, but I'm not sure what the point is...

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,421 Views)