From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Inactive Points

I have a simple thermocouple data acquisition set-up with two cFP-TC-120 which gives me a total of 16 points.  Currently my program is written to display all 16 points represented as a cluster and a graph on the front panel.  Is there a way to allow the user to input the number of channels being used and have all the inactive channels hidden? 

Thanks.

Bobby

LabVIEW 2016 - Windows 7

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,654 Views)
This can easily be done using the "plot>visible" graph's property (see attachement).

If you want the visible channels to stay in a straight order you have to create a new cluster containing only the element you want to display.

Nicolas
Message 2 of 5
(2,626 Views)
Hi Bobby,

I am not quite sure where or how you would like to define active channels, but I wrote up some code for you that will allow you to input a channel number and either display it or hide it on the waveform graph. I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Steven
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,625 Views)

Thanks for the repsonses guys but I think I was unclear as to what exactly I'm trying to achieve.  My system is set up to aquire 16 thermocouple points.  The actual set of points varies depending on the test so not all 16 points are used all the time.  The points are represented on the front panel digitally in a cluster and graphically.  Is there a way to allow the user to control what points are read?  For example if the test only calls for 12 points, is there a way to only show the first 12 points in the cluster and the graph?

Bobby

LabVIEW 2016 - Windows 7

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,605 Views)
If you want to "hide" a control, in your case the digital controls on the front panel you can use the "visible" property for the control.  So right click on the control, create a property node and select visible.  Then you can wire in booleans to show or hide the control.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,602 Views)