From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Multi Channel sampling on NXG

Just started using labview NXG a few weeks ago. I have an NI9211 thermocouple card. I wrote up a program to control a heater using the thermocouple and PID control. Everything works great.

When I tried to create another task for a second thermocouple wired to the NI9211 I got errors saying the 50103 "the resource is reserved" or "samples must be > 0.

I see now that I can add the second thermocouple to the original task, but then I have to split the two data streams anyway, as they are being used separately, in different loops.

Taking the training courses, it says you can add multiple channels to a single task, but not if they have different timing rates. This makes it seem that splitting them into different tasks should work, and combining is optional.

Can anyone explain why I can't create a second task for the second thermocouple? Is it a limitation of the NI9211 card? I still haven't figured how to split the data out of the single task either.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,837 Views)

How Many Different Tasks Can Concurrently Run on a CompactDAQ Chassis Gen II? - National Instruments

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019ZCnSAM&l=en-US

As above document, we cannot create multiple task on single module.

Table.PNG

If you have multiple modules, you can create multiple task up to 3 on cDAQ chassis.

Adding multiple channel into single task would resolve your problem.

ex.PNG

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,815 Views)