From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Labview school assignment

Hi i am a student currently doing my Labview assignment that is due tomorrow. but i just cant figure out how to make the front panel go like this. Can u guys help ?

the example is in below

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(893 Views)

Hi i am a student currently trying to complete my school assignment that uses Labview. But i just cant figure out how to make to program goes like this.

Below is the youtube video example:

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(885 Views)

Hi Johnny,

@johnny_193 wrote:
i am a student currently doing my Labview assignment that is due tomorrow.

So you got an assignment and waited until now to even start to solve it? And now you want someone else to tell you how to solve it by tomorrow? (Is this the way students earn their points in these days?)

@johnny_193 wrote:

but i just cant figure out how to make the front panel go like this. Can u guys help ?

What have you tried so far?

Where are you stuck?

What did (s)he taught (aka "did you learn") about basic algorithms and program structures? (Independently from using LabVIEW or any other programming language!)

What did your teacher taught you about LabVIEW?

I recommend to use a statemachine!

LabVIEW comes with a pre-defined statemachine project, so you just need to

• setup your frontpanel elements
  • embed your logic to switch on/off LED indicators

Edit after merging your threads:

Why do you think it is helpful/senseful to create two threads asking the same question in both of them?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(887 Views)

@johnny_193 wrote:

Hi i am a student currently trying to complete my school assignment that uses Labview. But i just cant figure out how to make to program goes like this.

I guess you will fail that assignment and probably class. Apparently programming is not what you should be doing in the future.  Nothing wrong with that. 

Maybe you could just create a basically empty VI where you embed that video into the front panel???

The code shown is pretty dumb and basically only has two states, depending in the value of the input. (... and the description "this is the example video how the program running for Test Assignment Task" does not help either, because it is completely meaningless.)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(832 Views)