From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improved 3rd party drivers, where to post/upload such improvements for future users?

While using third party (not officially supported) instrument drivers, I found some errors and fixed them, where should I post/upload the corrections to make them available to other users? Should I post them here?

On the other hand, I added some features (digital filters, relative, etc..) to another driver. Same question as above, how to make such improvements available to other users?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,466 Views)

Are they from the Instrument Driver Network? If so you should send them to the maintainer of that resource. If they are from another third party, things get more complicated as you technically don't own the copyright on the original driver and can't just post it somewhere without written consent from the original copyright holder.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,378 Views)

Hi Rolf, yes they are from the Instrument Driver Network.

In particular the driver with some errors is this one (Agilent 4263B):

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=3802

and the driver which (in my case) needed some additional features is this other one (Keithley 6430):

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=1867

I didn't know that. In that case I think I'll try to contact the maintainer if possible or write an email to NI at the specified address (instrument.drivers@ni.com).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,370 Views)

Hi,

you can post a new instrument driver or updates to an existing driver at this link.

Thank for contributing!

Licia

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,350 Views)

Are the errors in the Agilent 4263B driver solved?
If so, since what version of the available drivers on the Instrument Driver Network have the errors been solved?
The 2017 and later versions?

I ask this because we sometimes are experiencing very long response times over GPIB, in a Labview program that uses a driver downloaded from the Instrument Driver Network already some years ago.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,390 Views)