LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with JKI VIPM and installing NI Modbus Library

So the only way it seems possible to install the NI Modbus library is through JKI VIPM.

But my installation of JKI VIMP has no repositories! What are the repositories? Where do I get them?

This whole "package manager" crap is really starting to become a pain in the ass.

As now both NIPM and VIPM are broken to some extent leaving me unable to do simple tasks like installing a toolkit.

Nothing for LV2019Nothing for LV2019Nothing for LV2020Nothing for LV2020No support for me?No support for me?

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(951 Views)

That's strange! Could it be that the firewall is blocking VIPM? Also, try starting VIPM as admin.

Lucian
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(900 Views)

Weird!  In most of my recent LabVIEW installations, I used NIPM to install VIPM (usually in the first or second "pass" of my multi-pass method of installing LabVIEW in the NIPM Era, similar to the method I used over a decade ago).  It always seemed to work -- I'd configure LabVIEW to use TCP/IP (I forgot to do this once, and was so mad at myself I haven't forgotten since), open VIPM, configure it for the LabVIEW Version(s) I wanted to use, then let it go find repositories.

However, I've also gone to JKI's Website and downloaded the VIPM installer and done it "after the fact" (especially when helping someone else add it to their LabVIEW configuration).  Again, have to remember to turn TCP/IP on in LabVIEW.

I'm sure you've done all these things.  Might be time to file a Help Ticket with JKI (I've done this a few times ...). 

Oh, by the way, I just checked and VIPM is showing the NI Modbus Library.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(875 Views)