From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Dynamically call VIs

Solved!
Go to solution

You can actually simply things a little bit more.  The Build Path knows how to handle "..\", which will strip away a level of the path.  So I will often use something like "..\subVI.vi" with the Build Path and Current VI's Path to build the path to a VI I need to call.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(360 Views)

I'd agree with what others are suggesting.  Use a static VI reference and LabVIEW will know it is a requirement and include it as a dependency.  The only thing I'd add is I usually use the VI name instead of the VI path, but either way will work fine in an EXE.  If your VI is unsaved then obviously the file path doesn't exist and that won't work but VI name will.  Here is an example I posted a while ago.  If you build that into an EXE it will work fine without needing to set the always include.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(354 Views)