LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Creating a Customizable Word/Excel Report from LabVIEW Interface

Hi everyone,

I’m working on a project where I need to pass the data from a LabVIEW interface into a report format that is both user-friendly and customizable. The goal is to generate a report (preferably in Word or Excel) where the data can be easily understood and modified by others if needed.

Currently, I’m able to save images of the interface, but I need to include the data (organized in arrays) into a more flexible format like Word or Excel, allowing users to edit and customize it if necessary. I’m looking for a way to do this directly from LabVIEW, ideally using something that would allow formatting and easy editing.

MarcusP_0-1726765440673.png

Here’s what I’ve tried so far (I’ve attached my VI and screenshots of the current output), but I’m not sure how to proceed with creating a more structured and editable report format.

Goals:

• Export data from LabVIEW into an editable Word/Excel document.
  • Ensure the format is clean, with tables that are easy to modify.
  • Keep the interface intuitive for future edits.

Any advice or examples on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(138 Views)

Have you tried this toolkit?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(114 Views)

Yesterday, you asked basically the same thing.  I suggested that if you were creating a Report, then the Report Generation Toolkit might be helpful.  @Artem.SPb suggested the same thing (see previious Reply).

There are examples that ship with LabVIEW that demonstrate creating an Excel Report.  A decade ago, I posted on this Forum a "Revised Generate Excel Report" demo that shows how you can programmatically generate an Excel Report, with Headers at the top of selected columns and Row Labels to the left of selected rows, and even adds a Plot of some of the data on the Excel Worksheet.  You can find it by going to the Search bar on the first page of this Forum and starting to type "Revised Excel " and it should pop up.  [The real title is Revised "Generate Excel Report" Example, but the Search bar should find this just by typing "Revised Excel ".]

Please do not start a new Post for the same question!

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(83 Views)

First, I’d like to thank you all for your previous responses and understanding, and I apologize for posting a similar question. However, the issue I’m facing this time has a slightly different focus (and that’s on me for the confusion!).

I’ve been trying to export data from a LabVIEW interface into Excel, but I keep running into problems. For some reason, the data either doesn’t transfer properly, or the output is simply blank. Despite my attempts at organizing the data for Excel, nothing seems to work.

What I’m looking for is guidance on how to create an interface in LabVIEW that can successfully capture the data and pass it to Excel in a way that’s structured and editable. This differs from my last post because I’m now focusing on how to build the interface itself to ensure the data transfer works properly.

Here’s what I’ve tried so far (I already attach my current VI and screenshots), but I’m really struggling to get the data to transfer in a usable format.

I will try to use the "Revised Excel " and see what I get 

Any advice on how I can fix this and properly set up an interface for exporting data to Excel would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again for all your help!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(64 Views)

@MarcusP. wrote:

I already attach my current VI and screenshots,

no

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(57 Views)

... True, I forget, my bad 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(54 Views)

As an experiment try removing the "talvez" input and see if you get anything.

ooth_0-1726836601278.png

Message 7 of 8
(35 Views)

Well, it really worked in the test field, amazing!
I will try to populate the .vi and see what happens. Thank you for noticing this detail, @ooth.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(29 Views)