From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help modifying Google Maps VI in LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all.

I am working at a project where I can retrieve the latitude and longitude of a moving object over a COM port connected to a microcontroller. My objective is to use the Google Maps in LabVIEW example program (https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Programs/Google-Maps-in-LabVIEW/ta-p/3512488?profile.language=pt-br) to constantly put markers on the map in order to know the path that the object has done and the current position that it can be found while connected to said microcontroller.

My question here is how can I do that? I have the latitude and longitude in string values, but how can I constantly put this values as markers on my map?

I am indexing part of my currently code in order to give some more information on the matter.

Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,233 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author alvin_01

Hi alvin_01,

In that example VI, markers are added using a subVI that pops up a front panel dialog box to enter new markers. Instead of using that subVI to enter new markers, you programmatically take the coordinates you are receiving from your microcontroller and write them to the data cluster that contains the marker, path, and marker coordinates elements. You'll want to look at the marker.vi block diagram to make sure you understand how the Marker item should be formatted.

After that, is as simple as calling that portion of code every time you want to add a new marker location and then updating the path to connect the new marker.

Jordan

Message 2 of 2
(2,134 Views)