From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me plot this DataFile ...

Hi Labviwers

Help me Plot this file right . My plot jumps in time and I cant handle it !

I want the x- axe to display the timestamps as they look in the file .... i mean the date and the time must be visible on the axe.

I Cant figure out a way to handle the AM / PM automatic.

If someone got an idea that will be help fully ... Thanks in advance.

HZ

LV 7.1

HFZ
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,780 Views)

For those reading this, please read the earlier discussions on this (see below) before replying. It's quite likely the question you will ask from HFZ has already been asked and covered. 

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=410139#M410139

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=408890#M408890

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 05-26-2009 03:10 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,755 Views)

With a Scan From String function, you can convert to a timestamp and then to a DBL. With an XY Graph and the x axis set for absolute time, you can plot the data.

Plot time.PNG

p.s. The correct spelling is LabVIEW.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 05-26-2009 02:13 PM
Message 3 of 13
(3,754 Views)

Try this. Note that the string constant has \codes turned on.

Example_VI.png

Message 4 of 13
(3,754 Views)
oh well.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,748 Views)

Hi to all Prof 's

Thanks for that help.

As Smercurio wrote before... this question was asked before... and Smercurio helped me to find out that theres was a string code problem for the scan string. There fore the solution was accepted. But after trying it and after a lot of conversations af the Date/time stamp to get the plot right on the X-Y-Grph, it didn't worked out. There was, as mentioned earlier, still problems getting the right order of the Date time plotted correctly.

Now i'll try the solutions from Knutson and Fan....

HFZ

HFZ
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,710 Views)

Well hopefully Dennis' or my replies will help you get the format string right.  I think we had slight differences in the format.

It is generally frowned upon to start a new message thread with the same question/problem if you are already getting help in another thread.1

1.  It creates more work for people as they are replying to questions that may have already been answered in other threads.

2.  It scatters information around between the threads.  There may be pertinent information in one thread that wasn't posted in the others.

If you have issues implementing a suggestion in one thread, continue posting in that thread.  Only start a new thread if you truly have a different problem.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,696 Views)

You certainly are right about that... My Bad!! I Handled disperately...

About the examples! I'm working with labview vers. 7.1. And I got problem to get this small  timeglass in the Small 'Scan from string ' function Icon. Some advices?

When I wire the thread out from the 'Scan from string' icon to a 'Double' i get a broken wire!

HFZ

HFZ
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,682 Views)
Please post your VI. My guess is there is some error in the syntax of the format code.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,664 Views)

LabVIEW 7.1 and the Scan From String did not have the ability to convert to a timestamp. If you are using such an old version of LabVIEW, it's important that you mention that in your post.

Try to search the board for old examples of converting a date/time string to a timestamp.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,658 Views)