From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me plot this DataFile ...

Dennis Knutson wrote:

LabVIEW 7.1 and the Scan From String did not have the ability to convert to a timestamp. If you are using such an old version of LabVIEW, it's important that you mention that in your post.

Try to search the board for old examples of converting a date/time string to a timestamp.

It looks like he did mention that in the byline of his original post.  I had just barely started programming LV with version 7.1 and soon moved on to 8 with SSR upgrade.  There is no way I would have known a detail that LV 7.1's Scan from String couldn't convert a time stamp.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(473 Views)

Ravens Fan wrote:

Dennis Knutson wrote:

LabVIEW 7.1 and the Scan From String did not have the ability to convert to a timestamp. If you are using such an old version of LabVIEW, it's important that you mention that in your post.

Try to search the board for old examples of converting a date/time string to a timestamp.

It looks like he did mention that in the byline of his original post.  I had just barely started programming LV with version 7.1 and soon moved on to 8 with SSR upgrade.  There is no way I would have known a detail that LV 7.1's Scan from String couldn't convert a time stamp.

Oops, I missed that byline as well.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(467 Views)

If You look back at this link... i got the file attached.

Here

From Smercurio he attenstioned me that a code  :  ' %p ' was missing at the end in the format string input for the. That string should take care of the AM/PM . But i there got problems converting these to a sekonds number.

I could not just add 12 hours on the time konstant, if you calculate it it will go wrong if the program is used ek. in the US. there they use 12 Hoiurs format...

I think I have to make a work around  method by changing the file format depending on where in the world to open it. In Europe ...24 hours (00-23 o'clock) and US (01-12, o'clock)....

HFZ.

HFZ
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(454 Views)