From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help from LabVIEW users...

hi to all,

I have just started to work on labview..I have studied most of the functions palette available with it..During that I have found some of problems in which I need help from labview users...

I hope that I will get better answers from the members...

My doubts are..............

(1) How to work with EVENT Structure?..Can anybody explain with one example.
(2) I need some small bt best examples related to FILE I/O.
(3) How to write in Formula node?..Is it compulasory to write in C/C++ in formula node?..suppose if i want to write y = x^3+2 what will be the solution for it?..
(4) How shift register works?..any example???????????//
(5) How flat sequence/stacked sequences are used?,...

Please send me replys as soon as possible bz only after getting the answers I can able to go ahead in labview,,

Hope for the best answers..

SKELETON AAPKA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,098 Views)
under the help menu, you will find find examples... evrything you asked for is there already.
as for evaluation of your formula node, it will only evaluate single values of the input x and compute the corresponding output.   Again, check the examples  packaged with labview

Paul
Message 2 of 6
(3,093 Views)

Hi skeleton,

I would also suggest taking a look at the "Getting Started with LabVIEW" guide on the LabVIEW Getting Started screen.  Also, the LabVIEW Help will be able to answer many of your questions as well.

Regards,

James R.
National Instruments
Message 3 of 6
(3,044 Views)
I'm also a new user, but have a few months on you. I found the help for Event Structures to be overwhelming and when I looked at the examples, I didn't know where to start.

I simply pulled up the template "User Interface EVent Handler" and after studing it, every thing clicked.

On the recent thread "how to make stop and start in one button", altenbach has a good simple example StartStodMOD.vi that also has helped me furthur advance my understanding.

To understand shift registers, learn how to handle arrays in LabVIEW. Arrays were tough for me. Google "LabVIEW arrays" and work through some of the exercises in the online tutorials. That's how I learned. That and by posting here for some more detailed help once I got to the point where I felt like I was really stuck.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,012 Views)
If you are somewhere near a place that is offering the LV Basics classes, they are well worth the money. Where are you located?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,005 Views)
Also go through these lecture materials
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6