LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help converting two 16 bit hex words to signed integer

Solved!
Go to solution
I am not aware of indicators that show the datatype. You are probably talking about terminals. I have posted countless typecast examples over the years and I always made a point mentuining the datatype in the label of the diagram constant, even when attaching code. Here documentation is super important. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(758 Views)

I have advocated on a few occasions for constants to have something analogous to the "icon view" which would simply show the type and not the meaningless, perhaps confusing value.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(751 Views)

@Darin.K wrote:

I have advocated on a few occasions for constants to have something analogous to the "icon view" which would simply show the type and not the meaningless, perhaps confusing value.

Well, you can always type the value into the label for clarity :o:D

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(743 Views)

@altenbach wrote:
I am not aware of indicators that show the datatype. You are probably talking about terminals. I have posted countless typecast examples over the years and I always made a point mentuining the datatype in the label of the diagram constant, even when attaching code. Here documentation is super important. 🙂

Of course, I meant the terminal. Sorry for the confusion. Since the terminal is visible in the image and there's no coercion dot obviously the constant has the same data type.

But still I agree labelling it accordingly would help for clarity.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(727 Views)