LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello,

Hello,

I am a new user of labview and sorry for my english.

I have a two dimensions tab on my front panel. And i want to the user can modify some values but i want some values stay unmodifiable.

Please help me !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,850 Views)

Can you show us what have you done so far?

Gaurav k
CLD Certified !!!!!
Do not forget to Mark solution and to give Kudo if problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,841 Views)

@Guigs wrote:

Hello,

I am a new user of labview and sorry for my english.

I have a two dimensions tab on my front panel. And i want to the user can modify some values but i want some values stay unmodifiable.

Please help me !

You have tow options (that come to mind quickly but don't require a lot of support code).

1) Use a picture control that has a transparent background to cover all of teh stuff where the use should not click. (old shool solution).

2) Replace the table with an array of clusters and disable those elements in the cluster that should not be edited.

There are other things but they require work.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,819 Views)

Hello, 

I don't find your solution can you help me please.

It's a 9X9 tab (from the sudoku)

And when i will load a tab, it will have some areas still complete so the user must not change these.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,799 Views)

Touche pas?  Pourquois pas?  Smiley Very Happy

A little English correction.  "Tableau" in English is an "Array"

I know of no way to make some elements of an array unchangeable.  Either the whole array is disabled (user cannot change) or the whole array is enabled.  What you might do is to create a 9x9 boolean array and put True where the element is allowed to be changed.  Then use a Value Change event to read the boolean array.  If the element changed is True in the boolean array, let it happen.  If False, overwrite the array with its original value.

This is not an easy project for a beginner.

Bonne Chance.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,783 Views)

If it will always be a specific, fixed size (9X9 in this case) then possibly you can use a cluster rather than an array and do what is recommended in this thread

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,775 Views)

Hello everybody
I did not really manage to make what I wanted
Voila or I am there
When I change a value which is in the picture(board) and differente of 0 (a value of origin) one limps with dialogue appears and the picture(board) resumes(takes back) the precedente ca value it is good
But if we change a zero then one the change there is an error I shall not want any more it (we have to can change a compartment empty of origin as often as we want him(it))

Hello everybodyI did not really manage to make what I wantedVoila or I am thereWhen I change a value which is in the picture(board) and differente of 0 (a value of origin) one limps with dialogue appears and the picture(board) resumes(takes back) the precedente ca value it is goodBut if we change a zero then one the change there is an error I shall not want any more it (we have to can change a compartment empty of origin as often as we want him(it))

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,718 Views)

Here is a quick draft that only allows changing elements that are zero.

Trying to change an element that is already different from zero is rejected.

Maybe you can modify it for your purpose. Good luck! 🙂

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,706 Views)

Thank you for your help.
But my VI made deja it
Now I shall want that we can change a zero in 1 for example then be able to change it 1 it which is not possible 
Can use me?
Thank you again

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,676 Views)

You can add as many different cases as you want to the inner case structure of my code. (Your example was way too complicated for such a simple problem!)

(Sorry, your questions are very difficult to understand. Do you use an online translator? Maybe it would be better if you could post in your native language instead.)

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,646 Views)