LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Anyone Had Success Using the Watlow EZ-Zone Library for Standalone Executable?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am attempting to compile a standalone executable using the Watlow EZ-Zone LabVIEW Driver v6.0.109. When I run the top-level VI in the LabVIEW environment, the program successfully communicates with the EZ-Zone controllers (there are 7 on an RS-485 Modbus bus). When I compile it as a standalone, the communications fail with the error "Initialization Failed". Through tracing, I was able to determine that the .NET reference was null in the standalone but was not null when run in LabVIEW. The version is 19.0.1f3, and I do have the Watbus.dll file linked in the build specification for the standalone with Inclusion Type set to "Always Included" and the Destination Director set to "Support Directory". The Support Directory is set to the default.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(990 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author David_Fanelli

I've used it in the past. I do remember having to find certain dll's. I can't remember the specifics, but this is what my support directory looked like for that build.

watlow-data-files.png

Message 2 of 3
(955 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author David_Fanelli

Thanks. That fixed it. What threw me off was that the Serial*.dll and USB*.dll files were not listed as dependencies. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(922 Views)