From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling multiple strings in a case structure

Solved!
Go to solution

Can someone explain how the case structure in the attached screenshot executes? I normally use enums in my state machines and strings occasionally but I've never tried to send multiple commands via a single case. Sorry, I couldn't attach the code because it was just an online tutorial that I'm trying to read and understand. See attached screenshot.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,243 Views)

The outer case matches two different strings for the shown case and the inner case selects one of the two. What's the question, exactly?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,233 Views)

How does the outer case structure handle the two commands? Does the case structure handle either of the commands whenever any of them appears on the case structure input?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,202 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SolPS

@SolPS wrote:

Does the case structure handle either of the commands whenever any of them appears on the case structure input?

Yes, each case can match many different comma delimited choices. (same for enums and numbers). Did you read the help?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,195 Views)

Thanks Altenbach.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,184 Views)