From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling events in sub VIS

I am trying to capture the events in a sub VI. But somehow the event is not being captured.

Thanks in Advance

LabVIEWan 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,123 Views)

Have you had a look at this link:

Handling Events Generated in a SubVI

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,101 Views)

This nugget by Ton really helped me get a handle on Dynamic Event Registration. Here is a preview...

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,080 Views)
Yes I have seen this. But I want the Sub VI to be launched only when the user wants to call it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,058 Views)

Smiley Indifferent

That is my puzzled look.

Since we missed the mark and now you are off in a new direction... Could you please stop and describe what you are looking for so we don't waste your time?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,036 Views)
I want the sub VIs events to be captured by the main VI. But the sub VI should be launched only after the user calls it.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,012 Views)

Hi,

If you are directly calling the sub-VI then you can right-click on the sub-VI and then click on 'show front panel when called'. If you are dynamically calling a VI, then you can open the front panel using property node.

event handling will be take care of anything untill and unless the VI is executing.

.......^___________________^
....../ '---_BOT ____________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,983 Views)

Please take a look at this thread where I show how I implement events in sub-VIs.

It is still dynamic event registration.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,954 Views)