LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hack password

Hello Friends

I want to hack the password for one vi.I forgot the password and i cant rememeber the password what i used friends.its an one important vi.Can u give ur suggestions or post the Vi if u have that VI.I hope to help u

Thanks and regards

Jai 

Message 1 of 12
(9,101 Views)

Hi Jai,

Do you have any vague thought of how many characters you password is long... ?

See this link for the Password Cracker zip.

Message Edited by parthabe on 07-15-2009 05:48 AM
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 2 of 12
(9,092 Views)
This is one of the discussion regarding password hacking.
Message Edited by muks on 07-15-2009 07:19 AM
Message 3 of 12
(9,067 Views)

Hi Jai,

Unless you know something about the password, cracking it is not possible (see the other threads cited above).

If you really need to get at that VI then just re-write it. The new version will probably be better than the old one anyway.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 12
(9,055 Views)

Hello Ben

That is not possible its a big VI.i need a help to hack password or cancel the old password. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(9,050 Views)

Acting as a sounding board...

How many days can you allocate for this exercise?

How valuable is the "big VI" ?

How much is your employer willing to invest to get that VI un-locked?

Is there a backup of the VI (even an older version) available from when the VI was originally developed?

Can you "prove" that the "Big VI" is your IP ?

I am not trying to rain on your parade. If you are dead serious, can't get help from NI, then... 

Keep us updated on if you get the help you need.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 6 of 12
(9,035 Views)

KarthikeyanMathialagan wrote:

Hello Ben

That is not possible its a big VI.i need a help to hack password or cancel the old password. 

It is NOT the question of how big the VI is... but how big [LONG] the password is... Smiley Wink
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 7 of 12
(9,029 Views)
My suggestion would be give it a break of two days and then TRY remembering the password.  As ben asked is your company willing to spend on this.....
Message 8 of 12
(9,000 Views)
Writing a list of passwords (and their format) somewhere is a good idea.  Having a highly complex password is also a good idea.
Message 9 of 12
(8,973 Views)

Another good idea is to keep a non-password-protected version of all your vi's in a safe place.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 10 of 12
(8,912 Views)