cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTK+ LabView

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there!

I have made a project using HTK speech recogniser, and I can run it using my cmd on windows. Now I want to create an interface using LabView where I can run the speech recogniser on it and turn on turn off or something like that depending to the words the system recognises. Im using the System Exec VI and I can run the speech recogniser from labview using the cmd. But if I put "wait until completion" to false, LabView opens the cmd and I can see the recognition process on it, but "standard output" is empty. On the other hand if I put "wait until completion" option to True, I cant see what is happening on the cmd, but when I close it I can see the speech recognition procces on the "standard output".

Now I want to do different acctions for the different words, but how can I obtain what word has the speech recogniser recognized? 

I think that I can use a case structure and put the words to recognise in the different cases and an action for each case. Is it posible?

If someone knows how to do it or has a different idea please write me back.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,393 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kibkib

This thread is related to this one which is in Spanish: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Discusiones-sobre-Productos-NI/problemas-con-System-Exec-VI/td-p/3636105

I will show how the Speach Recogniser gives the string in the standard output of the System Exec.VI (see attached document from kibkib).

As you can see, the word which is recognized lays in between SENT-START and SENT-END. I believe a VI which extracts the word in between those should be made.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,353 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kibkib

Hi, I have made a VI which extracts any text written in between SENT-START and SENT-END. This would extract the word given by your Speach Recogniser program given in the standard output of the System Exec.VI

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,349 Views)