LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO BUILD SELFTEST FOR DIO

hi,

i am working on pxi 6528 Discreate I/O card and i have used DAQmx functions to programm it but i am unable to find self test.vi in DAQmx function pallet can any one tell me how to do selftest for this

regards

narayan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,165 Views)
There is no "self test" VI in DAQmx. Your query seems to imply that you saw it in the past. Are you basing this on the self-test that exists in MAX?
Message 2 of 7
(3,152 Views)
You can build your own self test with loopback cables and a vi that generates signals and reads the signals from the loopback cable.  If this is what you want, we can provide more details.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 3 of 7
(3,119 Views)

hi,

thanks for your replay, i have already built loopback and tested i was wondering is there any vi available as it is available for other cards to check the self test operation of the card as in  Measurement and automation.

regards

narayan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,103 Views)

haaaaaaaaaaaaaa. wrote:

hi,

thanks for your replay, i have already built loopback and tested i was wondering is there any vi available as it is available for other cards to check the self test operation of the card as in  Measurement and automation.

regards

narayan

No self test vi's available that I am aware of.  That is why I suggested writing your own.  We do this all of the time.

tbob

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,079 Views)

There is no Self-Test VI or function in LabVIEW. You can try using the Reset Device function in LabVIEW which provides similar functionality as Self Test in MAX.

You find details in the following link.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/124D580AE300335E86256FDD006CE798

If you wish to do a hardware level test of the I/Os, you will have to write your own code in LabVIEW as suggested earlier. 

Hope this helps.

Rohit

NI India

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,045 Views)

Hi Naraayan,

you have mentioned loopback the mentioned module, could you please share me details how you have built loopback?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,364 Views)