From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grid bugs in LabVIEW 2012f3

I was just trying to change the grid style on a few graphs, and nothing seems to work at first glance. Here's the analysis.

First problem:

Apparently, if the axes are hidden, changing the grid style does not get applied immediately. The new style only becomes visible after forcing a redraw (e.g. by minimize+restore window or temporarily placing another object over it, for example.

Second Problem:

If I hide the grid, then show it again, it will be a much brighter green. I would expect ot to revert to the last used grid color instead (or at least to the default).

(This works correctly fo e.g. xy graphs)

(This is all in 2012f3 32bit under windows 7. I have not tested other versions.)

Download All
Message 1 of 5
(2,697 Views)

Grid Bugs! Smiley Surprised  Better call Tron!

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 2 of 5
(2,685 Views)

It seems to be like that for 2009 SP1, 2010 SP1, 2011 SP1 and 2012f1.

Runing on a 64 bit windows 7 with LabVIEW 32 bit.

Will do a check on XP next time I'm in office.

Message 3 of 5
(2,658 Views)

This was reported to R&D ( # 375708 ) for further investigation. 

If you find any other details about this odd color display issue please continue to post them for our records to help find the issue faster.

Thanks for the feedback!

Regards,

James W.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,591 Views)

Just to update:

Tried on a XP now.

The bug is also there in 2010 SP1 and 2011 SP1.

It seems that the RGB color changes like this

Major grid goes from 0,102,0 -> 0,255,0

Minor grid goes from 0,51,0 -> 0,127,0

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,562 Views)