LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT Restart Target VI on Linux ?

Hi there,

1) I have a simple question : does "RT Restart Target" VI exist on Linux Platform ? (I need to restart my RT target as I did before, from windows PC)

2) If this VI exists for Linux host, I guess that I need to install NI-RIO 4.1 driver on my Scientific Linux 6.3 platform...The problem is that the error message is not really explicit (please see below) : I took a look at "installerUtility.sh" file and it doesn't really help. Any idea ?

Checking required install tools...                                             

Checking installer tool versions...                                            

dpkg         Not found in current path                                           

rpm        4.8.0 can be used with a default installation path                  

tar        1.23                                                                

Checking dependencies...                                                        

glibc          2.12                                                                

Unpacking install files to /tmp/NI-RIO-4.1.0f1.install...                      

/tmp/NI-RIO-4.1.0f1.install/bin/installerUtility.sh: line 220: return: -1 : opt$

return: usage: return [n]                       

Thank you very much for any help !

J.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,355 Views)

Hi Julian,

thank you for using NI Discussion Forums.

1) There is VI to restart RT target on all Linux Platform named "Restart" VI, the "RT Restart Target" VI is just a second manner to restart the targer, which is no more available in LabVIEW 2012 see: http://labview.ni.com/docs/proposals/2012/RT%20Core/ZYNQ%20--%20RT%20Utility%20VIs/

2. Which command did you use in order to installation the NI RIO package? In certain installation, the install command "sh ./INSTALL" does not work, whereas the command "./INSTALL" does. See:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/DA18F2C8557EC0FA86257A600060A4D5?OpenDocument

I hope this can help you

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,273 Views)

Hi Audrey,

Thank you for your answers.

1) I'm sorry but the link you sent to me seems to be broken 🙂

2) We have solved the problem by changing the file (by short-circuiting "return -1") but I guess that your solution works as well : it's a cleaner way to solve the problem. Thank you for this.

J.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,267 Views)