cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphical User Interface

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am doing a program for automating a process and I am doing the coding in LabVIEW. My question is can I create a GUI different from LabVIEW front panel. Create a separate GUI for eg: just a screen with Start and Stop and connect my LabView program to it. When I press start the process starts and when I stop the process stops. So what I want is, every time I want to run this process, I don't need to open LabView, except this GUI which has the LabView code and this GUI is connected to the external system which also has the LabView code. So is this possible or do I need to open LabVIEW front panel every time I want to run this process? Thanking You.

Sincerely

Govind

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,548 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author govindsankar

Why don't you just build an executable and then you don't need LabVIEW installed on the machine that you are running on.  You will just need to install the Run-Time Engine and any drivers you use.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(2,539 Views)

crossrulz is right, you are not supposed to run your VI from the development environment. Because that means you would have to install the LabVIEW development environment on every computer you need to run a program on.

You build (compile) an executable and deploy the executable and required runtime support as these are free to distribute licence free.  

LabVIEW will even make an installer that contains your executable and all the required runtime support files for you, just like any other software. 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 3 of 4
(2,515 Views)

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,512 Views)