LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph/Chart scale options

Solved!
Go to solution

Okay now how do I make the scale on the left Y-axis (Volts) and the X-Axis (Time) look like the right Y-Axis (Amps) scale?

That is so the numbers do not overlap the chart area or each other at the corners? 

I really don't know how I managed to get the right side looking perfect but I have tried resizing everything like the chart area but it just resizes the whole thing and I can't get the other two sides to look even close to the Amps scale.

graphCapture.PNG 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,946 Views)

I attached a VI with the chart in question

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,933 Views)

Did you customize the control? If I remake that control with a regular chart, it autosizes and the numbers look fine. I can't even figure out a way to move the axis label location around unless I do Customize Control.

Other than using Customize Control, the YScale.Position property will move the tickmarks around. (Be sure to set Active Y Scale to the correct axis first).

Can you either post your chart, or just delete it and remake it from scratch? It looks like a Custom Control that got bonked a little.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,930 Views)

Ah, I see you posted your code. Play around with YScale.Position and YScale.Marker.Left. Personally I'd just recreate this from a basic Silver chart, that'll get the auto-snapping to work again, but this seemed to fix it.

Set YScale.Marker.Justify to Right, then use YScale.Marker.Position.Left to scoot it over to the side a bit.

You can do similar with the X scale to get it lower.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,927 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RTSLVU

Actually I swapped sides then swapped them back and it seemed to fix the overlapping issue and resized the border...

I am not sure how I messed up the chart area in the first place, I did not make any custom modifications to it.

But this has been a "cosmetic bug" in my program for quite some time.

chrtCapture.PNG

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,924 Views)