LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GigE camera Lost Packets - Jumbo Frame

Using GigE camera own software I acquired video without loss of packet. But using Vision Acquisition in LabVIEW I can't get continuous video data. And, Unable to increase the Byte rate beyond 1500 bytes. I am using LabVIEW on windows 11 pc

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,167 Views)

I won't be able to give you a full solution because I don't work with GigE cameras anymore, but I had similar issues at my previous job, and I remember it being very frustrating at first.

What you have to realize is that your camera software might automatically adjust settings to optimize the acquisition, while Labview/IMAQ doesn't. IIRC you want to check settings such as the frame rate, bandwidth and maybe others in the camera OEM software, and then set the same values in NI MAX (or programmatically if you need to adjust them).

Best of luck.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,113 Views)

Why do you believe this is an issue with jumbo frames?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,099 Views)

Not every camera supports jumbo frames.

Start NI MAX, open your camera and check if grab displays images. If not, check the camera parameters in the list.

Possible reasons (not complete): Camera is set to incompatible color mode or trigger mode is activated.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,074 Views)

But using Vision Acquisition in LabVIEW I can't get continuous video data.

> And, Unable to increase the Byte rate beyond 1500 bytes.

Is this just image acquisition or image acquisition + image processing + image save?

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,039 Views)

Image acquisition and image saving

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,004 Views)

Hi Bill,

I don't think this is due to jumbo. Coz if it is jumbo then the OEM software doesn't stream video continuously.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,002 Views)

@gopinathbb wrote:

Image acquisition and image saving

If this is the case, is saving in a separated loop?  Because saving is slow.  Please post your VI.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(1,994 Views)

I am not even creating VI. Just using NI-MAX to grab the stream.

gopinathbb_0-1669900734556.png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(1,978 Views)

Is your camera 16 bit gray or 8 bit?

Have you setup the Jumbo packet?

NI MAX might not be the fastest way, LabVIEW might be faster if you do it right.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(1,962 Views)