LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the previous configuration

Hello, I have the GUI where I am populating various MS Excel spreadsheet names in a ring dropdown control, also reading the spreadsheet on selection in the ring control and displaying in a multicolumn list box. On the backend, I am using the event based code; using a cluster and rotating this data in cluster using a shift register, also initializing this shift register. Now, I want this selected data (spreadsheet names in ring control, spreadsheet data in multicolumn list box) to be available when I open the tool next time. What would be the options to save this history? I could do this by not initializing the shift register BUT I don’t want to do this way because I have some other data in the cluster which needs the initialization. What is the typical/standard method to save the history? Do I need to maintain a configuration file so anything like that? Please suggest. Thanks.  
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,976 Views)

Hi pritam,

you can write your data into a xml file. You can use the "Flatten to XML" and "Unflatten from XML" functions for it.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,970 Views)