LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Mismatch

Hi,

Sorry for such a trivial post. I'm a teacher not a programmer.

I have wrtitten a VI for Vernier's Sensordaq that takes in a voltage and current off a shunt and calculates the power. Works well for a classroom demo that I run. We have a supply of Vernier LabPros that work something like a Sensordaq except for the way it handles data.

The attached VI has the basic working VI except that the data the data types do not match. If you dig down into the READ/PARSE block you will see that the PARSE block will output a 1-D array DBL. When I try to carry this through the blocks it will not work.

How do I get the CH1, CH2, array outputs of the PARSE block to look like a waveform for the DC RMS function?

If you edit this, if you could save it so I can open in 8.5 it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
(2,237 Views)
Actually, the problem is that the Express VI outputs single values, not arrays, which is why the wires are broken. We can't see those Express VIs. Where did they come from?
Message 2 of 4
(2,236 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. The Express VI came with the LabPro.

I did manage to find the PARSE block after opening the Read/Parse twice. If you find the PARSE block it does have connections for 1-D DBL arrays for each input channel.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
(2,231 Views)

Yes, the "Parse" subVI that's in the library has array outputs, but you're not using that in your VI. In your VI you're using the Express VI, which has only individual single value outputs. If you want array outputs for those signals you would need to use the lower-level functions. Have you taken a look at the examples that are on the LabPro web site? Specifically, the ones on the Analog Data Collection page. I think those may do what you want.

Message 4 of 4
(2,214 Views)