LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the Maximum and Standard Deviation

Hallo,

i try to get from a light spectrum the maximum and Standard deviation. I Have a x and y Array with Wavelength a the measured intensity. 

At the moment i get the Wavelength where the max of Intensity is, by mulitply the to arrays, searching for the max with the array min max and getting with the index the Wavelength.

When i search for the standard deviation of the intensity i dont know how to get to the Wavelength intervall.

Does anyone know how to handle my Problem

Greets

Felix

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,264 Views)

Hi (Hallo!) Felix,

it's nice you included some default values in your VI, so we can test with real data…

I simplified the VI as such:

What's wrong with the StDev you calculate so far?

Why do you need to multiply wavelength with amplitude?

@felixfelex wrote:

When i search for the standard deviation of the intensity i dont know how to get to the Wavelength intervall.

Which "Wavelength interval" are you interested in?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,243 Views)

Oh, your right the multply of amplitude and wavelenght was a mistake. 

I try to get the widths of the sprectrum around the standard deviation of the Amplitude.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,238 Views)

Hi Felix,

@felixfelex wrote:

I try to get the widths of the sprectrum around the standard deviation of the Amplitude.

You know the peak amplitude and wavelength.

And you calculate some StDev value of the amplitudes: what exactly do you want to achieve with this value?

Can you attach an image to show/explain your requirement?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,218 Views)

I wanna build a EQE Test, for doing this i neet to get my Sprectrum more narrow. To fullfill the Formula to get the sprectrum more narrow i need the Width of the spectrum and for this i need the Standard devation.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,207 Views)

Hi Felix,

this is more math than I want to handle right now…

@felixfelex wrote:

i need the Width of the spectrum and for this i need the Standard devation.

The width of the spectrum is given by your data: there is a minimum and maximum wavelength…

When I asked for explanation I was expecting an image of the graph showing your measured spectrum and maybe two cursors to show the range of the data you want to determine by using the StDev…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,203 Views)