LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error -21 while making installer

Hello All,

While making installer i am getting error

CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller >> CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi >> AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi >> AB_UI_Frmwk_Installer.lvclass:Build.vi >> Installer.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Build.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Engine_BuildDevPart.vi >> CDK_Engine_AddFiles.vi >> NI_MDF.lvlib:MDFBuildDevPart_AddFile.vi

E:\IDB2_DV Auto Simulation Tool\Power_FT

The following errors and warnings were recorded during the build:

Error:

An internal tool or library returned an error.

Details:

Error adding file: E:\IDB2_DV Auto Simulation Tool\Power_FT\Power_Valve_module_FUN_test_5.aedt

Code:

Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,039 Views)

Action taken to debug-

1. reconstruction of project

2. reconstruction of build

3. Mass compilation

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,036 Views)

Hello All,

I am making a installer, in which i am trying to add Non-Labview files( Size - 2GB).

But it was giving error-

CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller >> CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi >> AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi >> AB_UI_Frmwk_Installer.lvclass:Build.vi >> Installer.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Build.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Engine_BuildDevPart.vi >> CDK_Engine_AddFiles.vi >> NI_MDF.lvlib:MDFBuildDevPart_AddFile.vi

E:\IDB2_DV Auto Simulation Tool\Power_FT

The following errors and warnings were recorded during the build:

Error:

An internal tool or library returned an error.

Details:

Error adding file: E:\IDB2_DV Auto Simulation Tool\Power_FT\Power_Valve_module_FUN_test_5.aedt

Code:

When i reduce the file size then build is successful.

Please someone help me in that.

Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(974 Views)

Hi Rahul,

no need to create a new thread for the very same problem…

@Rahul1189 wrote:

When i reduce the file size then build is successful.

Please someone help me in that.

Help with reducing the file size? Use ZIP…

(Can't you supply those "non-LabVIEW files" as an additional package?)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(970 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

I have used these files to make batch file and run another tool(Ansys Simplorer) with the help of Labview and python. So i want that all my non-labview files should be in same path as of labview files.

Is their any way to include these files in installer, or the size of files is fixed what we can use in installer? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(963 Views)

Hi Rahul,

@Rahul1189 wrote:

So i want that all my non-labview files should be in same path as of labview files.

Is their any way to include these files in installer, or the size of files is fixed what we can use in installer? 

You wrote about a size of "2GB": maybe there is still an I32 value in the AppBuilder preventing the creation of installers using such large files. (Or maybe this is a limitation of the installer routine itself.)

That's why I suggested to either try to use a ZIP archive for those "non-LabVIEW" files or (even better) provide those files as an additional file independently from your installer. You still can add a batch file to copy the content of the ZIP file into the folder of your LabVIEW executable…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(958 Views)