From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an input to show up in the control panel

Solved!
Go to solution

Sorry but I am very new to Labview

I have a vi. There is a number that I need to set for this vi, but the only way I can adjust the number is opening into the front panel. How do I bring the inputs into the first vi. I want to be able to set the number on the very first front panel rather than the second front panel

Thanks for any help. 

Hova

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,944 Views)

I am not getting your problem. Can you explain more... Your code requires sub VI it seems.

if you have any code, just post the code too.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,930 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hova

Step 1...read tutorials there are lots of links on the forums to them

Step 2. Create subVI

Step 3. Right click the subVIs icon (in the upper right corner of the front panel of that subVI) and choose show connectors

Step 4. Click the connector you want, then click the control

step 5. Save the VI

Step 6. Drop the VI on to your top level block diagram (the one you want to set the control from)

step 7. Hover over the subVI you just dropped and you will see a "node"

step 8. Right click the node and choose create control

step 9. BE AMAZED!

Message 3 of 8
(2,926 Views)

Thanks that really helped. I was amazed. 

Only one thing, is there any way to make the box in the top right corner any larger to see what I am connecting?

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,889 Views)

See here and vote for that idea or this idea.

In the meantime you can download this utility Darin.K was so nice to right with LabVIEW scripting which will allow you to modify your pane more easily.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,853 Views)

See here and vote for that idea or this idea.

In the meantime you can download this utility Darin.K was so nice to write with LabVIEW scripting which will allow you to modify your pane more easily.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,852 Views)

Thanks for your concern for my carpal tunnel. I liked the first idea better. I'll be sure to vote. But, how would I get that program to work within one of my programs.

Thanks,

Hova

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,776 Views)

If you look at the utility from Darin K. he gives you instructions on how to incorporate his example in your VI.

Stephanie A.
Americas Marketing Manager
National Instruments
Message 8 of 8
(2,745 Views)