LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a reference to a specific scrollbar

I am able to use a property node in order to get a list of references to all objects on a pane, and then I am able to cast the reference to a scrollbar to find which references are scrollbars. But once I have a reference to the scrollbar, I have been unable to find a property that would tell me if I have a horizontal or vertical scrollbar reference. Is there any property that exists, or something that would help me distinguish them?

Just realized the all objects property on a pane doesn't give me a the scrollbars. So my question now becomes, how do I get a reference to a pane's scrollbar, and how do I tell which direction it is (horizontal/vertical)?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,512 Views)

I get the references to the scrollbars using the objects property node, not sure why you aren't...

FireFist-Redhawk_0-1597347899951.png

Redhawk
Test Engineer at Moog Inc.

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,465 Views)

@GregFreeman wrote:

I am able to use a property node in order to get a list of references to all objects on a pane, and then I am able to cast the reference to a scrollbar to find which references are scrollbars. But once I have a reference to the scrollbar, I have been unable to find a property that would tell me if I have a horizontal or vertical scrollbar reference. Is there any property that exists, or something that would help me distinguish them?

Just realized the all objects property on a pane doesn't give me a the scrollbars. So my question now becomes, how do I get a reference to a pane's scrollbar, and how do I tell which direction it is (horizontal/vertical)?

Thanks!

The event VI Scroll gives you an "AppRef" Refnum. There is an extensive amount of choices within that menu, but I don't think what you are looking for is in there. This may be another case where you need to roll your own scroll bars.

Snip.png

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,440 Views)

If what you want is references to the two scrollbars that are part of the pane's window, I don't believe that is possible. As far as how to determine if a scrollbar is vertical or horizontal, use the Bounds property and compare the height and width. Unless something really weird is going on, a vertical scrollbar will have height >> width and vice versa for a horizontal scrollbar.

Redhawk
Test Engineer at Moog Inc.

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,434 Views)

Yeah I was trying to get the built in scrollbars but I think I may actually not need them for the problem I was trying to solve. Would be good to know though either way

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,351 Views)