From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Runtime Error - Not enough space for thread data

Some times when I am starting my LabVIEW application, It gives error pop up as attached (Getting Runtime Error - Not enough space for thread data).

My application consist of 

-- Read and write of shared variables from/to OPC server (approx. 400 shared variable tag)

--Continuously reading data from SQLite database

---exe size is 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,877 Views)

I doubt that is a LabVIEW message, I've never seen it. LabVIEW usually pops up an "Out Of Memory" dialog, IIRC.

It's a common message coming from the C RT: https://www.google.com/search?q=r6016+not+enough+space+for+thread+data. I don't think LV uses that.

I'd suspect an API, maybe for the SQLite DB? Could as well be the shared variable engine, as I don't use it much.

Do you have a crash report? Attaching it might help...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,859 Views)

Where I can find crash report ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,845 Views)

I'm not sure you get one.

Does LabVIEW actually crash? Or do you get the popup, and that's it?

If you do get a LabVIEW crash report, there should be an option to get extended information, including a zip with dumps and logs. This would be in a second dialog, the popup you attached earlier isn't the LabVIEW crash report.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,842 Views)

This popup was not on front of my application. It was in background.

When this happened my application not communicated with OPC server(Shared variable was not reading or writing ).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,823 Views)

So for now I've been assuming that the popup comes from LabVIEW.

The path it mentions "C:\program files\nati…" is interesting. It might not be LabVIEW at all. Is that dialog scalable? I'm curious what the full path is. Maybe you get a tip strip on it (probably not). Perhaps task manager shows the owning process of the popup?

This will narrow it down, but a solution seems far away...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,810 Views)

I did not see full path at that time. Now this error is not coming. It comes randomly. I will let you know full path when it comes again.

Thanks !!!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,806 Views)

This error does not occur from last 8-9 days !!!! 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,766 Views)