Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get trigger signal form waveform with multiple channels

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey to everyone.

I´m quite new in using LabVIEW.

I want to get Data from a Ni9205. I want to use 3 different Input Signals. Two Signals will be recorded. The third Signal is to detect a triger Signal. If the thrid value is >5, the Output file shoud be divided and a new file should be created. 

At the current state the vi is looking like this:

vi1610.png

My question: How can i define which channel will be used for the trigger-subVi?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,540 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JohannesS93

Hi Johannes,

use IndexArray to index the 3rd waveform…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 6
(2,523 Views)

I'm not sure if you just posted an image of your code instead of a snippet, but either way I can't open it.

You're combining your waveform array in that function right before "Threshold"- why are you doing this? Use an Index Array to get the waveform you want. You don't need to do the threshold detection on all three.

I'm not familiar with that image and can't tell what function it is, maybe it's a new one in 2017/18? It looks like it just combines an array of waveforms into a single one.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,510 Views)

Hi Bert,

that's an IndexWaveformArray function - which basically is an encapsulated IndexArray.

It exists for several LabVIEW versions!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 6
(2,506 Views)

Ah, I thought that was combining waveforms. Then yeah, all he has to do is wire a value to the Index input of that function and he'll be good to go. I've always used the regular Index Array function to work on waveforms. I'd seen this one in the palette after all!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,503 Views)

Thanks for the quick help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,475 Views)