From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get the count instance of LabVIEW Application

Solved!
Go to solution

I am developing a LabVIEW application. Is it possible to get the instance count (so the first launched instance would be titled "instance 1", the second is "instance 2", and so on?

I guess this could be done using an event structure inside the main VI as a launcher and a counter to be passed to the VI. I was looking if there is a way to detect the current instance without creating a launcher.

Thanks

KInd regards,
Waleed El-Badry, MSc., CLAD MCPD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,360 Views)

Your question is a bit vague. Are you talking about a single built applications that allows multiple instances? What do you mean by "titled"?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,332 Views)

My apology if it is vague.

What I meant is is it possible whenever I launch an instance of the application after deployment, I get an incremental number in the title?

KInd regards,
Waleed El-Badry, MSc., CLAD MCPD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,314 Views)
Solution
Accepted by wbadry2

@wbadry2 wrote:

My apology if it is vague.

What I meant is is it possible whenever I launch an instance of the application after deployment, I get an incremental number in the title?

Yes, use a configuration file to hold a single integer and increment and save the value at startup.   Use the FP.Window.Title property to display something like "MyCoolApp %d"

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,299 Views)