LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get index of deleted array column

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a way to get the index of the column from a 2D array that was deleted? In my application the user has the ability to use the right-click "Delete column" option on a 2D array, but I would like to use that information to delete the same column in a different array programatically. Is this easily possible? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,394 Views)

Use an Event Structure with a Value Change event for your array.  There are terminals for the Old Value and New Value.  You can just compare the first row to find the first value that is different.  That would be the column that was deleted.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(2,379 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author britehappy

There is a file posted in the community documents that returns a location of a clicked array.  Use it similar to the picture below.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-22434

Capture.JPG

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 3 of 4
(2,371 Views)

Two good answers but thanks aputman! I was trying to figure out how to use the right click menu event but couldn't determine how to obtain the "Delete column" option. Easy solution.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,361 Views)