LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get array control's current index value

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a 1d array control on a panel containing a temperature curve value that I'm sending to a temperature controller. The values in the array are not unique in that for example 40.5 degrees in the array could represent 40.5 degrees on the cooling or heating cycles. I could also have severat heating/cooling cycles programmed in the array. I'd like a way to read the array index of the currently displayed element of the array as shown in the up/down index control on the left of the array control. I could then run partial temperature curves easily by selectin a start point on the curve in the array control.

I'm not seeing a property that I can use to get this index value. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

J

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,413 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joe_McC

Use the "Index Values" property. It will be the first element of the output for a 1D array.

Message 2 of 3
(5,401 Views)
So simple. I had tried this earlier & when I saw that it was an array I tried no further with it. I did not realise that it was actually a single element array with exactly the info I needed. Thanks for the help J
Message 3 of 3
(5,394 Views)