LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Thin Client IP Address

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello. I am trying to programmatically find the IP address of the machine I am using. I want to use my LabVIEW program on a server. However, the String to IP VI gives the IP Address of the Network, so in this case the server's IP Address. This is a problem, as we want to, in the future, run multiple thin clients on the program, so we want the program to know which thin client it is being operated on. However, I do not have access to the command prompt on the thin client due to administrative restrictions. This eliminates the other solution I found, which was finding the Windows Login username (each thin client has its own unique username) through various VIs that involved the command prompt. Any ideas on how to find the Client IP of the Terminal Services Session, as I believe my IT guy called it? Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(7,144 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JosephQ

I called and was reffered to this, which worked. We are using Citrix server and the username thing worked, so we are now able to run the program for each thin client using its username.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(7,107 Views)