LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Serial Settings saved in Max loaded into LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there an easy way get or retrieve Serial Configurations saved in MAX into LabVIEW?

We have several devices that communicate though RS-232 that require different settings. The connection arrangement of these devices may change from test to test. What  I would like to do is use MAX to determine which equipment is connected to which serial ports, save the communication settings in MAX, and load them into LabVIEW to establish connection. I could write code to allow the user to do this but why reinvent the wheel.

I've attached my list of software incase a newer version might be capable of doing this.

Any insight in this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tessa

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,668 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ntaINC

You don't have to do anything to get the serial settings into LabVIEW. As long as you don't use the VISA Configure Serial Port, the settings will persist and you just have to do your reads and writes with the correct resource. Put simply, if you set the baud rate in MAX for Com1 to be 56000, in LabVIEW if you write to Com1, it will occur at 56000 baud.

This has been true for versions of VISA much older than what you show.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 03-12-2010 08:57 AM
Message 2 of 3
(2,655 Views)

Thanks Dennis!!

I thought it would be simple. I have been using the Configure Serial Port vi. I was trying to be too through!Smiley Wink

Thanks Again

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,637 Views)