LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Drag and Drop Data from String Control

Hi all,

I was on the struggle bus with this for longer than I like to admit so thought putting this here might help others.  I have a string control and expect the user to drag and drop hyperlinks from a browser into the control.  Unfortunately, mouse up events are not fired when dropping into the string control, and forcing the user to fire a mouse leave event didn't seem right either.  But you CAN get a Mouse enter event to fire on mouse up if you have "Update Value while Typing" enabled on the control!

Perhaps this method is crazy and there is an easier way, if so I'd be glad to hear it!

2021-12-02 19_10_03-User Interface Event Handler.png

String_Control.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(891 Views)

Hi beaver,

@beavercreek wrote:

Perhaps this method is crazy and there is an easier way, if so I'd be glad to hear it!

What about a simple "ValueChange" event for that string control? (In combination with "update while typing"...)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 3
(856 Views)

Ha, good point, I think because when I started messing with this I didn't have update value while typing enabled (ie value change was not firing when hyperlink was dropped) and thus I went down the rabbit hole that eventually led me to this solution.  😳

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(812 Views)