LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating an Excel Report with a Template

Hello all,

I'm having some trouble with the Excel Report VIs built into NXG 2.1.3 - I am using the "New Excel Report" VI to initialize an Excel 2016 report at "/Desktop/Report.xlsx" (just for testing), and a Template at "/Desktop/Template.xlsx".

I have a 2D array of data (3 columns of 12 rows of voltages from 3 NI-9239 modules) which I want to put into a particular place in my Template spreadsheet, below some columns with Defined Names.

My Template file has three existing columns of data with Excel Defined Names "_PlusVDC", "_ZeroVDC", and "_MinusVDC", but I cannot get the Create Excel Data Sheet VI to place my data into these pre-made columns. I have played around with the Column Names input and...

- Leaving column names un-configured: I get my data with no column names (i.e., a blank row followed by 3 columns of 12 data points), but not formatted into my Template. Excel 2016 returns an error [Removed Records: Formula from /xl/calcChain.xml part (Calculation Properties)] and will allow me to 'recover' my data, but won't use the Template.

- Configuring a 1-row array of 3 Column Names matching  the Defined Names from Excel: I get the same error as above, but the first row of my spreadsheet includes my column names with their leading underscores (still no template)

FWIW, leaving the leading underscore off of the column names produces the same result. I am certain that there is just something simple that I'm missing. I can definitely get the data out of LabVIEW and into Excel, I just cant get NXG to cooperate with my Template.

Any help is always appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,125 Views)

It is difficult to debug code that we can't see (i.e. Attach your Code!).  While I have a lot of experience using the Report Generation Toolkit in LabVIEW (including using the Template feature to modify existing Excel documents), I have yet to attempt to do this with LabVIEW NXG.

Have you attempted to solve your problem using "classic" LabVIEW, with 30+ years of development and testing, as opposed to NXG, still in development?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,038 Views)