cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating a looping digital signal from integer: lab demo broken

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

My classmates and I are struggling with workarounds for our incorrect lab instructions. The course does not, topically, educate us on freeform creation of projects in LabView, nor expect us to improvise. Essentially, the lab instructions are intended to be functional and complete. I would like assistance with the rectification of an error in lab instruction.

I can provide a copy of the lab instructions, upon request, to prove we are not attempting to cheat, but have limited experience with LabVIEW and find the assignment incompletable.

Image of LabView from assignment 

The purpose of this lab is to demonstrate the ability of an IR led and receiver to transmit data. The LabVIEW code is meant to generate a data signal as a simple demonstration of the expected output to be measured with the o-scope.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,045 Views)

It is not possible to tell what the error is from a screenshot. Can you post the actual VI.

I suspect that something is meant to be wired the the 'Lines to write' terminal. 

Post the VI for more help

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,021 Views)

Sure thing!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArFFoqXfKjO-jX0e6gQKyRcObn6C?e=KSYgZf

The error seems to stem from the notion that, at some point, this 8bit array becomes 16bit. The digital write just quits.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(998 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mrbojinkles

I resolved this myself.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(955 Views)