cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating a decreasing voltage output

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to output a voltage signal resembling a sine wave and I have easily managed to do that using a USB 6009. However, I am having trouble steadily decreasing the signal. For example, I want to output a sine wave with an amplitude of 4 for the first 0.3 seconds, then a sine or square wave with an amplitude of 3 for the next 0.3 seconds and so on. I tried using sequences but I keep getting "Error -200088." I even added a "DAQmx Is Task Done.vi" as suggested by another discussion board and it still gives the same error. If anyone has any input whatsoever, I will really appreciate it.

Also, I am using LabView 2010 if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,551 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bessel

See if this will work for what you're trying to do. Everytime the elapsed time VI has a time elapsed output it indexes your array count and inputs the next lower voltage to your sine amplitude.

Eric

decreasing voltage.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,544 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for your help! I built the VI but for some odd reason it doesn't go to the next value as indicated by the array. My VI looks exactly like yours but it stays at the first value, ie 5, and never cycles down. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,513 Views)

It seems to be working OK on my end. Try the attached VI. You'll have to change the timing for your application. I've got it set to 1 second.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,507 Views)

I apologize but I got it to work. There was some internal DAQ error on one of our computers. I really appreciate your input. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,500 Views)