LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO excessive memory usage with no VI running.....

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a cRIO-9073 that seems to be running with very high memory usage, even when no VI is actually running.  For example, if I format the cRIO, install the standard cRIO RTF S/W set (without scan engine), and then open NI Distributed System Manager, I get 85% memory usage (!).  I did the format and reinstall to doubly insure that no VI is running.  I have used several other cRIOs, but I never remember the OS requiring this much memory.   

Attached pictures of the s/w installed and the Distributed system manager.

When I do run my VI, I am of course running out of memory.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,647 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bradh

HI Brad,

I have a 9073 and yes, the standard OS does use about 80-90% memory.  You need to choose custom install and strip out as much as possible.  I have been using 9074 controllers since this experience.  I hope you can run your app following this advice.

Good luck,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,630 Views)

Thanks - that's bad news.  I previously had only used the 9074.  Learned my lesson too now.  No more 9073s.

(NI - you should really find a resolution to this, or provide a heads up to user that they will only be able to run a limited functionality set OS.  Seems a bit of an oxy-moron, a chassis with a high throughput FPGA, but an OS the gobbles up 85% of the on board memory).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,598 Views)