LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating PWM with NI USB-6009 for a heating element

Hi guyz!
I am currently writing my diploma thesis, which is about skin type sensors... I have an Omega HFS-4 heat flow sensor and a heating element mounted together. The main concept is, that I have to make a program in LabView, with which I can control the heating element by PWM (digital output, not counter output) and I have to view the heat flow and the temperature from the thermocouple. 
The heating element is connected to a NI USB-6009 card, the HFS is connected to a NI 9211 card. 

My main problem is that I don't have a clue, how I can generate PWM through the USB-6009 card. I don't even know, how that program would have to look like... 
Please, someone, who has already made this kinda program, help me!

Thanks beforehand.

With regards,

José.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,302 Views)

Generally PWM's are implemented with hardware counters but there are examples of creating them with DIO...

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-12911

Another option since you're looking for a PWM output would be to replicate the functionality of a counter output with an analog output using a timing method of hardware timed single point.  This will have significant performance limitations over using traditional counter hardware but may be sufficient for your application and still provide decent determinism.

Message 2 of 3
(3,291 Views)

Hi jozzi99!

In my opinion you will find all the info needed in the previous post.

Do you have any additional questions?

BR,

CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,232 Views)