From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating LabVIEW Code with SignalExpress Tektronix edition

Solved!
Go to solution

The oscilloscope behaves well when the program is run from the Tektronix SignalExpress programming environment.  When I try to do the tools>generate code, it does succeed in creating a VI containing the express VI wrapper.  However, when I try to run the code it always comes up with the error, due to the handle identification number being 0.  All I know is that the handle is the identification number that is used to retrieve measurements somewhere in the express vi code. (It cannot be seen due to password protected block diagram)

Picture of error is attached

Any help is appreciated.  

----------------------------------------------------
Studying for CLA.
LabVIEW, inherit from social media habits!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,189 Views)

Hi CDuck,

the problem with the Express VIs is, that they sometimes do weird stuff. At its core, it is just a normal VI that has been constructed by LabVIEW, though. So without seeing your VI I suggest you try these two things:

1) Is there anywhere, where you can connect a reference, number or identifier of some sort? There are 2 Inputs that are unwired. What do they do?

2) You should be able to right click >> Open Front Panel. You'll be asked if you want to convert the VI and if you do, you can look at the VI. Maybe something went wrong during scripting.

Remember Cunningham's Law
Message 2 of 4
(2,164 Views)

The 2 inputs are Log Folder (shouldn't matter because I'm not logging data) and Error in.  I'm wondering if the Tektronix Signal Express is not meant for Windows 7.  I see that the run VI function only accepts LabVIEW 7-8.5 which are all Windows XP exlusive as far as I know.  I'm using LabVIEW 2017, I'd have to use a virtual machine to use LabVIEW 8(?)

Studying for CLA.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,111 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CDuck

Ok, the express VI is working now. 

I changed 2 things and I'm not sure which one fixed it.

1.) I went into the base LabVIEW developer and selected Tools>SignalExpress>Convert Project.  (I did this instead of converting it from the Tektronix SignalExpress API)

2.) Upon converting the project to a VI, I received a warning related to error 7.  I selected Process errors.  It continued on to the VI, and the express VI performed it's function.

Studying for CLA.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,104 Views)