From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generated DLL using Matlab's real-time workshop. Using LabVIEW5, CIN could use the generated DLL. When switching to LabVIEW 6, the program crashes.

Hello, I made a DLL using Matlab's real time workshop. Using Labview 5, it was possible to use this DLL by means of the CIN block. Now I use Labview 6i, the same DLL as before gives an error, resulting in crashing Labview. The exact error reads: "File I/O: LabVIEW.exe - Application Error, The instruction at "0x02e01ec9" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read"." Please advice.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,572 Views)
Make sure you aren't passing in any empty arrays into your dll. I am pretty sure it allowed you to do this in LabVIEW 5 but it will now cause a crash in LabVIEW 6.
Message 2 of 3
(2,572 Views)
Yes, it's true, an empty array causes the crash. Initialization of the array by using an 'initialize array' block won't solve the problem either.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,572 Views)