From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate finite number of pulses in USB 6229?

Hello friends,

I am facing a problem with generating pulses in USB 6229. USB 6229 consists of two counters Ctr0, Ctr1. I am try to generate two different pulses interms of frequency,no. of pulses. But the program says an error 50103 "The specified device was reserved". I gone thro Ni online web help, but i am unable to solve my problem Please Help me!

Thanks and regards,
Kirupasankar S
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,524 Views)
Kirupasankar-

Take a look at this knowledgebase artice:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/160DDB88169245B786256D600066DFB0?OpenDocument

It mentions that a finite generation requires both counters. If you want two pulse generations, you are going to have to make them continuous.

Xaq
Message 2 of 4
(2,513 Views)

Hi Friend,

I already read that, but I am unable to solve my problem Give a solutions

Thanks and Regards,

Kirupasankar S

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,507 Views)
Hi Kirupasankar,

Both of the counters in the VI must be configured for continuous generation or the error will be returned, as the KnowledgeBase article describes.  Refer to the shipping example Gen Dig Pulse Train-Continuous.vi for getting started with this.  Here is a screenshot of the block diagram for such an application:

Regards,
Andrew W
National Instruments

Message Edited by TheWoost on 04-18-2007 09:23 AM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,485 Views)